Karen Bodiford - Records Manager
Rick Eggers - Records Custodian
General Information and Fees:
The Leon County Sheriff's Office Records Unit currently has a staff of nine, all of whom are civilian support personnel. Records staff are available 8-5 M-F.
The Records Unit on average each year processes over 4000 public records requests; processes over 17,000 background checks; processes over 19,000 incident/accident reports; processes over 7,500 traffic citations; receives over 15,000 phone calls; and has over 15,000 walk-in customers.
To request copies of reports, you may use any of the following methods:
- Phone your request to (850) 922-3317
- Fax your request to (850) 922-7592
- Mail your request to the LCSO Records Department, PO Box 727, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Submit your request in person at the Sheriff's Office located at 2825 Municipal Way, Tallahassee, FL
- E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a fee of 15¢ per page for copies of reports which are picked-up or you can include a self-addressed stamped envelope of sufficient size for the records. Other fees may apply, based on the LCSO General Schedule of Charges.
Leon County criminal history checks require a $5 per name fee and a completed Local Criminal Records Check form for each name. Completed background checks can either be picked-up from the Sheriff's Office or you can include a self-addressed stamped envelope or email address with your request and payment. All fees are payable by cash, cashier's check or check made payable to the Leon County Sheriff's Office.
Other Functions of the Records Unit include:
- Data Entry - Uniform Crime Reporting, Validations, Seal and Expunge Orders, Optical Disk Scanning, Traffic Citations.
- Provide a daily report on Burglaries to the Tallahassee Democrat for publication.
- Provide LCSO lobby visitor assistance and/or check-in.
- The Records staff is committed to providing information upon request in a courteous and timely manner, thus promoting the overall goal of the Leon County Sheriff's Office.