Karen Bodiford - Records Manager
Rick Eggers - Records Custodian
General Information and Fees:
The Leon County Sheriff's Office Records Section is comprised of civilian support personnel.
The Records Section is responsible for a wide variety of records management functions. This includes responding to and processing thousands of requests annually for public records, offense reports, traffic reports and background checks.
The LCSO Records Section is committed to serving the citizens of Leon County by providing records services in a timely and professional manner.
To request copies of reports, document or other public records, you may use any of the following methods:
- Phone your request to (850) 606-3317 during regular business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Fax your request to (850) 606-3326
- Mail your request to the LCSO Records Section, PO Box 727, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Submit your request in person at the Sheriff's Office located at 2825 Municipal Way, Tallahassee, FL, during regular business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- E-mail your request to email@example.com
To request a copy of a traffic crash report you may:
- Submit your request in person at the Leon County Sheriff's Office at the address above.
- Request the report on-line at www.AuthorizeTransaction.com
The Leon County Sheriff's Office may provide records in paper or electronic format depending on the nature and volume of the records requested. Please see the LCSO General Schedule of Charges
Leon County criminal history checks require a $5 per name fee and a completed Local Criminal Records Check form for each name. Completed background checks can either be picked-up from the Sheriff's Office or you can include a self-addressed stamped envelope or email address with your request and payment. All fees are payable by cash, cashier's check or check made payable to the Leon County Sheriff's Office.
If you have any questions concerning a request for records or documents, please do not hesitate to contact us at 850-606-3317 and you will be assisted by Records Staff.