The Leon County Jail encourages visitation for the inmates incarcerated here. We firmly believe that ties to family and friends are extremely important. However, there are rules that we need to make you aware of so your visiting privileges are not denied, terminated or suspended.
Visitation hours are Monday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Visitation will resume again after official count and shift change and run from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Lobby Doors are open 8:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m.
During the admission process, the Booking Unit will enter (at least one, and up to five) visitors names chosen by the inmate, into the system for immediate approval to visit. Requests for visitor changes will only be made the last day of each month for the next calendar month. Visitation Forms will be provided by the Pod Officer the evening of the last day of each month and collected by the Pod Officer after the evening meal. Each Inmate is allowed five (5) Thirty (30) minutes visits not to exceed 2 ½ hours per week. Inmates who are being confined in special housing pods are restricted to two (2) visits per day, not to exceed two and one half (2 1/2) hours per week.
Individuals who are authorized to conduct an inmate visit are only allowed to visit the designated inmate and will only be allowed to visit one inmate per day. Split visits (visits of more than one inmate) shall not be allowed and are grounds to have ALL visitation privileges revoked. All visitors must be at least 16 years of age to visit.
For security reasons inmates admitted to a hospital will not be permitted visitors unless approved by the Sheriff, the Jail Administrator or his/her designee.
- There are no split-time visits.
- You must see the inmate you wish to see during the time you come to visit.
- You may not return later that day to see different inmates.
- You may visit only the inmate you signed in to see.
- Profanity will not be tolerated. Any violation can result in permanent suspension.
- No communications with working inmates in and around the facility as you pass by.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed on the premises without someone who is at least 16 years of age with them.
- You may not leave your children with strangers.
- If you leave your child unattended in a vehicle, your visitation will be suspended.
- Leave personal items other than car keys, locked inside your car.
- Persons believed under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to visit.
Dress Code for Visitors
- Blouses and dresses must have at least a short sleeve before jackets or sweaters are added.
- No halter tops.
- Skirts and dresses must be to the knee or below.
- No culottes. No shorts above the knee.
- No see-through attire. No bra-less attire.
- No open-throat to midriff blouses or tops.
Out of Town Visitors
You are required to conform to our set forth Visitation Rules and Dress Code policy outlined above.
** Violation of Jail Visitation Rules may result in suspension of your visitation privileges. **
Inmate Property and Communication
All incoming mail will be inspected for contraband. The following items will be returned to sender:
- Stained with powder, perfume, glue or glitter
- Envelopes with tape or stickers
- Mail from other Jails or Prison Institutions, unless approved by both Institutions
- Note pads
- Greeting cards larger than 5" by 7"
- Paper, envelopes, pencils, pens or stamps
- Music lyrics
- Cell phones
Books and Subscriptions
All books and subscriptions must be soft backed and come directly from a publisher or book store. No hardback books or books containing staples will be accepted. Books and subscriptions must be paid for in advance and can not contain any nudity, profanity or advocate violence/hatred toward any individual, organization, religion or nation. Books and subscriptions can not contain instructions for the manufacturing of explosives, weapons, drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcoholic beverages, escapes paraphernalia, or to affect and/or facilitate an escape. Inmates may have a total of five (5) books per shipping order and are only allowed five (5) books in their possession at any given time.
- May be sent through the mail.
- Inmates are allowed to have five (5) pictures.
- Once the inmate is at their limit there are No Exchanges.
- We will not accept pictures with nudity or sexually explicit material.
- No Polaroid pictures accepted.
Leon County Jail
Inmates name (SPN number if available)
Post Office Box 2278
Tallahassee, Florida 32316
- All calls from the Jail inmate will be Collect, Prepaid Collect, or Debit.
- Prepaid Calling Assistance, call 888-506-8407 (Available 24 Hours 7 Days a Week).
- Debit Deposit Accounts, call 888-888-8413 (Available 24 Hours 7 Days a Week)
- If you wish to have your telephone number blocked to prevent collect calls or have the block removed from your telephone, you may come to the Jail Visitation Lobby and present valid picture identification and ownership of the telephone number.
- We have provided for your usage a Pay-Phone located in the Visitation Lobby waiting area.
- We do not take or give inmates messages unless there is a family emergency (critical condition in the hospital or death).
- We will allow you to drop off Bibles, Koran, Torahs-soft covers only and prayer rugs.
- All items will be searched for contraband.