Q: How do I apply for a position with the Leon County Sheriff's Office?
A: Call Personnel at 850-606-3356 Monday-Friday, 8a-5p, to check on the current available positions.

Q: How do I get a copy of an incident or traffic accident report?
A: Come to the records section with the case number, Monday-Friday, 8a-5p. If you do not have a case number you will need the location of the incident, date and any victim or suspect information. There will be a 15 cent charge for each page copied. Records - 606-3317.

Q: How do I have a background check performed?
A: Come to the records section, Monday-Friday, 8a-5p, with the full name, D.O.B. and social security number. There is a $5.00 fee. Allow 2-4 days for a reply. (cash, money order or company check only). Records - 606-3317.

Q: How do I have my fingerprints taken?
A: Come to the Leon County Sheriff's Office Crime Scene Unit, Monday-Friday, 8a-5p, for this service. The hours are 8:00am until 5:00pm and you will be charged per card, cash only. For more information call 606-3348.

Q: How do I obtain information regarding a concealed weapons permit?
A: Contact the Division of Licensing-Bureau of License Issuance at (850) 245-5498 for an information packet and forms.

Q: Can I carry a firearm in my vehicle?
A: Here is the Florida statute regarding carrying a firearm in your vehicle: http://flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/790.25

Q: How do I obtain information about inmates at the Detention Facility?
A: Call the jail at 850-606-3500.

Q: How do I become part of a Neighborhood Watch Group?
A: Call the Crime Prevention Unit at 850-606-3331 for information on becoming a member of an existing group or starting one.

Q: I have people speeding in my neighborhood. What can be done about this?
A: The Leon County Sheriff's Office Selective Enforcement Unit (Traffic Unit) can be contacted at 850-606-3447. Explain the traffic problems to them including the exact location and time of day that the speeding, etc. is occurring.

Q: If I see a crime in progress, what should I do?
A: Under no circumstances should you try to apprehend the suspect or take matters into your own hands. Call 911 immediately and give them as much information as possible, including the precise and proper location of the alleged crime and any suspect information such as age, sex, race, clothing etc. A deputy will be dispatched as soon as possible.

Q: If I see a suspicious or abandoned vehicle, what should I do?
A: Please call the Leon County Sheriff's Office at 850-606-3300 to report this. If you have the tag information and can provide an exact location and description of the vehicle, this would also be helpful.

Q: There have been several burglaries in my neighborhood. Do you offer any services to advise me what I can do to make my home (or business) more secure?
A: Contact the Crime Prevention Unit at 850-606-3331 to arrange a residential or commercial security survey. This service is provided free of charge.

Q: I operate a business and don't feel comfortable about putting my name and home phone number on the front door as contact information. Does the Leon County Sheriff's Office offer an alternative?
A: We will provide you, free of charge, a decal to place on the front of your business. This decal has a sequential number which can be cross referenced at the Leon County Sheriff's Office communications section, 24 hours a day. Call the Crime Prevention Unit at 850-606-3331 to obtain this service.

Q: I was the victim of a crime. How do I find the latest status of my case?
A: If it is a PROPERTY crime call 850-606-3400. If it is a PERSONS crime call 850-606-3403. Please have your case number and the investigator's name available, if possible.

Q: I am the owner of rental properties. One of my tenants is several months behind in their rent. How is the process to have them evicted?
A: Contact the Civil Division at 850-606-3450 for more information regarding your particular situation and the landlord-tenant laws.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.