Public Alerts are issued by the Leon County Sheriff's Office to notify citizens of matters of public safety, critical warnings and other pertinent information.
Career Service Appeal Hearing:
NONE SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME
Police Benevolent Association (PBA) Meeting:
Date - December 6, 2022
Location - LCSO Main Office – 1st floor Conference Room
Time - 1400 to 1700 hours
The Leon County Sheriff’s Office’s top priority is the safety of our employees and the citizens of Leon County. We have developed a comprehensive plan to address the threat posed by COVID-19 and maintain continuity of operations. The following procedural changes are to effectively serve the citizens of Leon County during this unprecedented event.
The following changes are CURRENTLY in effect.
- General Public Fingerprinting services: Open to the public BY APPOINTMENT ONLY on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 4:30pm. Fees apply. Click here for fee schedule. Payable by check or money order ONLY. Please call (850) 606-3300 to schedule your appointment. *Masks are required, unless exempt*
- Criminal Registrations and Fingerprinting: Available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 4:30pm. No appointment necessary for criminal registration services.
- In-person visitation remains suspended at the Leon County Detention Facility. All outside contact for inmates is limited to telephone or postal mail. Attorneys are still requested to contact detention facility personnel to schedule any meetings at this time.
- Inmate canteen account replenishing: Please utilize the online payment system or telephone payment system to add funds to an inmate's canteen account.
- A selection of Leon County Sheriff’s Office employees will work remotely from home, carrying out their daily duties.
- Public Records Requests: Requests must be made via email (LCSO_Public_Records@leoncountyfl.gov) or through the mobile app, "LCSO Connect" available on both the Apple Store and Google Play.
- Citizens wishing to report any non-emergencies to the Sheriff’s Office are asked to call (850)606-3300.
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2021 - inmate phone calls will increase 21 cents per minute. As the Sheriff’s Office strives to embrace to new technology, it should be understood that funds collected due to this increase will be placed in an account that is used towards improving technology for inmates such as the Securus Tablets, classes, and resources that provide better opportunities after being released from custody.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2021 - all PERSONAL mail (excluding legal mail) directed to inmates at the Leon County Detention Facility will need to be sent to the mailing address below. Correspondence at the new address will be scanned and sent electronically. Mail not sent to the address below will be returned to sender.
Inmate/Detainee Legal Name and SPN number (if available)
C/O Securus Digital Mail Center - Leon County
PO Box 21947
Tampa, FL 33622-1947
All legal mail shall still be sent to the Leon County Detention Facility to the following mailing address.
Leon County Detention Facility
Inmates name (SPN number if available)
Post Office Box 2278
Tallahassee, Florida 32316