Public Alerts are issued by the Leon County Sheriff's Office to notify citizens of matters of public safety, critical warnings and other pertinent information.
CCW (Concealed Weapons Permit) Information during COVID-19 closures: Currently both, LCSO and the Department of Agriculture are closed for fingerprinting services related to obtaining a CCW permit.
Effective TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2020: LCSO is switching phone carriers at the Detention Facility and
anyone who has sent funds for inmate calls via CenturyLink, our former
provider, can request refunds. Please click HERE to be directed to instructions.
The Leon County Sheriff’s Office’s top priority is the safety of our employees and the citizens of Leon County. We have developed a comprehensive plan to address the threat posed by COVID-19 and maintain continuity of operations. The following procedural changes are to effectively serve the citizens of Leon County during this unprecedented event.
The following changes will be effective WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, 2020.
- In-person visitation remains suspended at the Leon County Detention Facility. All outside contact for inmates is limited to telephone or postal mail. Attorneys are still requested to contact detention facility personnel to schedule any meetings at this time.
- The kiosk located inside the Detention Facility lobby is no longer available to the public. Please utilize the online payment system or telephone payment system to add funds to an inmate's canteen account.
- A selection of Leon County Sheriff’s Office employees will work remotely from home, carrying out their daily duties.
- The Leon County Sheriff’s Office’s front lobby will be closing to public access to include NO walk-in reporting. The front lobby will only allow access to regularly scheduled sex offender and career criminal registrations at this time.
- LCSO public fingerprinting services are suspended.
- Citizens wishing to report any non-emergencies to the Sheriff’s Office are asked to call (850)606-3300.
- The Sheriff’s Office Mobile Command and Communications Center will be undergoing on-site testing in the event it is utilized for a COVID-19 response.
- For public records requests, we highly encourage the utilization of email (LCSO_Public_Records@leoncountyfl.gov).
- Due to Covid-19 precautions the Leon County Sheriff’s Office Civil Unit is open only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-2pm. At this time, all services are being processed except for any Writ of Possession meeting the requirements of the Governor’s Order. If you have any questions please call 850-606-3450 for assistance.