Records & Reports Requests
To request copies of reports, inmate records, documents, or other public records, the following options are available to you:
- Phone your request to (850) 606-3317 during the business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Fax your request to (850) 606-3326
- Mail your request to the LCSO Records Section, PO Box 727, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Submit your request in person at the Sheriff's Office, located at 2825 Municipal Way, Tallahassee, FL, during the regular business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- E-mail your request to email@example.com
To request a copy of a Traffic Crash Report the following options are available:
- Submit your request in person at the Sheriff's Office, located at 2825 Municipal Way, Tallahassee, FL, during the regular business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Request the report on-line at www.BuyCrash.com
The Leon County Sheriff's Office may provide records in paper or electronic format depending on the nature and volume of the records requested. Please see the LCSO General Schedule of Charges (2017).
Leon County criminal history checks require a $5 per name fee, which is payable in advance, as well as a completed Local Criminal Records Check form for each name.
Completed background checks can either be picked up from the Sheriff's Office or you can include a self-addressed and stamped envelope or email address with your request and payment.
All fees are payable by cash, cashier's check, or check made payable to the Leon County Sheriff's Office. If you have any questions concerning a request for records or documents please do not hesitate to contact us at 850-606-3317 where a member of the Records staff can assist you.